Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Verboten!



picture source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/375909900126133192/
 Every so often I get the urge to fall into a dark night. Loud music flowing through streets filled with crowds and lonely people is where I can lose myself in the chaos of merrymaking and alcohol, through streamers, confetti and illegal substances, a smorgasbord at a medieval feast.
 Court jesters call you in, their mesmerising flavour weaves a spell that anesthetises your monsters and a compelling intensity drives you into a night of recklessness, delivering your indulgences and you feed your cravings, you feed.
 It’s the midnight of my soul that reclaims possession when I see my self in the river into which I am staring, where I see every cruel secret and feel every haunted sin, and I wonder, knowing what I do, why my thoughts still dare traipse through these waters, that can utterly absorb every part me, if they so choose.



12 comments:

  1. A bit more exciting than knotting and crocheting . . . :)
    Love your imagination . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can do thing to make us forget, but those secrets and demons are still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant! and such a remarkable poem.

    Loud music always soothes the soul, making one feel lost in its rhyme of joy and hope.

    Love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This had a wild almost werewolf quality. It gave me an urge to run!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm...jesters and clowns. We appear to be on the same wavelength today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To stay away from the reality such break from the world is necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. everyone likes to drip a little hot wax into their belly button once in a while--makes you feel alive and apart, inside on the outside. Unless of course you have an outtie belly button then you get to have it run down your belly until it cools and hardens. We of the well used and put up wet set like to remind ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is nothing quite like feeling all alone in a crowded room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment, I was worried writing in English. The fact that you liked it made me feel a little less exposed! Many blessings my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is awesome! I think we all have a wild side.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello shadow its dennis the vizsla dog hay wot??? a meedyeval feest??? i hope my invitayshun is on the way!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete